My Hair Care Routine and Review of Mamaearth Products
Hey guys, hope you all are having a good hair day!
Today I am going to talk about my hair care routine and alongside I will share my reviews on Mamaearth’s Shampoo and Conditioner for Mama which I have been using for last 4 weeks now.
When I received these 2 products I was quite skeptical to try these on as I had my hairs treated with keratin therapy some 3 months back and I was advised to use only the recommended products. Hence, the first thing that I did was a little research about the ingredients used in Mamaearth’s Shampoo and Conditioner. And I was surprised to discover that these products are free from harsh chemicals and consists of all the natural ingredients.
Well, that was enough for me to use these since I had been putting in loads of harmful chemicals into my hairs to get them straight and silky then why not try something organic which is actually good for my hairs.
But before writing down my reviews of these products, I want to share my hair care routine and some tips that work really well for me. Also, I want to mention that the texture of my hairs is quite thick and wavy but these have been treated a lot with various harsh chemicals during re-bonding and straightening for last 10 years.
Also, many times hair type, as well as the quality of hairs, is determined by genetic factors but taking proper diet and following a good hair care routine can keep your hairs healthy and free from problems.
My Hair Care Routine
I will not go into detail as most of us are already aware of the benefits of these steps.
Oiling – I make sure to oil massage my hairs at least once a week in summers and twice or thrice a week in winters. I use coconut oil with a few drops of lemon mixed into it for summers and a mixture of almond and olive oil for winters. I get the best results if I keep the oil in hairs overnight and wash them in the morning.
TIP – Put more oil into the roots and scalp not just the hairs and massage in the circular motion.
Shampooing – I never use a single brand of shampoo for more than 6 months, I always alternate between 2-3 brands. Now that we have many organic products easily available in the market I have started using the mild organic shampoo for my hairs like recently I am using Mamaearth’s Happy Heads Shampoo which is completely natural.
I never wash my hairs daily, it’s usually once a week in winters and twice in summers depending on the condition of my hairs. If I had spent the day outside amidst dust and pollution, I wash hairs with plain water, massage oil into the roots, leave overnight and shampoo in the morning.
TIP – Don’t wash hairs daily, and never use hot water.
Conditioning – Using a good hair conditioner is really important to moisturize and nourish hairs and reduce the damage. I use a conditioner every time I shampoo my hairs. Somedays, when I have to go out and I am having a bad hair day, I skip shampooing and just use the conditioner to wash hairs.
I prefer using Oil replacement cream for days when I skip oiling due to any reasons.
TIP – After applying conditioner, cover hairs with a warm wet towel for atleast 5 minutes before rinsing it off.
After Wash Care
- After washing hairs, I tie them up in a soft dry towel for 5 minutes which soaks up any extra dripping water.
- After removing the towel, I leave my hairs as it is for 10 minutes for air drying, and use fingers to de-tangle them.
- Then, I use a broad tooth comb and run it from roots to tips 2-3 times very gently.
- Lastly, I leave them to dry their own, I rarely use a blower and whenever I use it, I set it at the lowest heat.
Now that’s all about my routine and some of the tips that work wonders for my hairs. It’s time to review my new Shampoo and Conditioner from Mamaearth.
- It’s a brand by a parent for the parent.
- They aim to make products which are mum-baby friendly, toxin-free and meet International standards.
- Their products are free from Parabens, Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Dyes, Sulphates and Synthetic Fragrance.
- Also, the products are PH balanced, hypoallergic, dermatologist and FDA approved.
- They are the only MadeSafe certified brand in Asia.
Happy Heads Shampoo
- It claims to gently cleanse and nourish the scalp, yes, after using 8 times over 4 weeks I definitely felt the difference, my scalp was not as dry as it used to get after washing, also considering that it’s winters, no dry scalp is really an amazing result.
- It consists of Biotin which is a vitamin that plays an important role in the health of hairs and helps in hair growth as well.
- It consists of Bhringraj which is a medicinal herb known to improve the quality of hairs and also promotes hair growth.
- It also consists of Amla, and we all know the benefits of amla for hairs, it is high in Vitamin C which strengthens hair follicles and gives luster to hairs.
TIP – Don’t apply large quantity in order to get more lather as it won’t since it’s sulfate free which is known for it’s lather producing qualities.
Price – 349/- for 200 ml
No More Tangles Conditioner
- As the name suggests, it claims to de-tangle the hairs as well as nourish them from root to tip. As this conditioner is non-greasy, applying it up to the roots was a little difficult as the texture of my hairs is quite thick but after rinsing I was surprised to see the results, I could simply pass my fingers through the hairs even before combing.
- It consists of Milk protein which makes the hair soft and silky.
- It consists of Cocoa butter which is known for many great qualities like it deeply moisturizes, repair dry & damaged hairs and not just that, it helps in rejuvenating chemically processed hair and that’s why I am going to stick to this conditioner.
- It also consists of Fenugreek, which has amazing benefits for hair as it has protein and Vitamin C which encourages hair growth and energizes hair follicles.
TIP – Start applying it from the roots working towards the tip, massage the roots for few minutes before rinsing it off.
Price – 349/- for 200 ml
My suggestion to the brand –
When I received the products, they were packed in a cardboard box which was visibly damaged and after opening it, I found that the Shampoo bottle had a small dent and its pump was not working. Then I noticed that their all other pump dispenser bottles come with a cap. So, my suggestion to the brand is either they look into their supply chain or improve the product packaging to avoid any chances of damage before reaching the customer.
I am going to use these for at least 3 months to actually notice any visible results in terms of increased hair growth, reduced hair fall or improved hair quality.
Apart from this, I am quite happy and satisfied with the instant results, I can feel the difference in my hairs, they are getting moisturized and I am letting them lose for a long time now as they are more manageable.
Have you tried Mamaearth’s Products? I suggest you should. Check out their collection at https://mamaearth.in/
Now, tell me what hair care routine you follow? And which is your favorite product or brand?
And if you liked this post, then Click on the below icons and SHARE it with your friends and family.