My Hair Care Routine and Review of Mamaearth Products
Hey guys, hope you all are having a good hair day! Today I am going to talk about my hair care routine. Alongside, I will share my reviews on Mamaearth’s Shampoo and Conditioner for Mama. I have been using for the last 4 weeks now.
When I received these 2 products I was quite sceptical to try these on as I had my hair treated with keratin therapy some 3 months back and I was advised to use only the recommended products. Hence, the first thing that I did was a little research about the ingredients used in Mamaearth’s Shampoo and Conditioner. And I was surprised to discover that these products are free from harsh chemicals and consists of all the natural ingredients.
Well, that was enough for me to use these since I had been putting in loads of harmful chemicals into my hair to get them straight and silky then why not try something organic which is actually good for my hair.
But before writing down my reviews of these products, I want to share my hair care routine and some tips that work really well for me. Also, I want to mention that the texture of my hair is quite thick and wavy but these have been treated a lot with various harsh chemicals during re-bonding and straightening in the last 10 years.
Also, many times hair type, as well as the quality of hair, is determined by genetic factors but taking proper diet and following a good hair care routine can keep your hair healthy and free from problems.
You may also want to read – Winter Care for Postpartum Body Aches!
My Hair Care Routine
I will not go into detail as most of us are already aware of the benefits of these steps.
Oiling – I make sure to oil massage my hair at least once a week in summers and twice or thrice a week in winters. I use coconut oil with a few drops of lemon mixed into it for summers and a mixture of almond and olive oil for winters. I get the best results if I keep the oil in hair overnight and wash them in the morning.
TIP – Put more oil into the roots and scalp not just the hair and massage in the circular motion.
Shampooing – I never use a single brand of shampoo for more than 6 months, I always alternate between 2-3 brands. Now that we have many organic products easily available in the market I have started using the mild organic shampoo for my hair like recently I am using Mamaearth’s Happy Heads Shampoo which is completely natural.
I never wash my hair daily, it’s usually once a week in winters and twice in summers depending on the condition of my hair. If I had spent the day outside amidst dust and pollution, I wash hair with plain water, massage oil into the roots, leave overnight and shampoo in the morning.
TIP – Don’t wash hair daily, and never use hot water.
Conditioning – Using a good hair conditioner is really important to moisturize and nourish hair and reduce the damage. I use a conditioner every time I shampoo my hair. Somedays, when I have to go out and I am having a bad hair day, I skip shampooing and just use the conditioner to wash hair.
I prefer using Oil replacement cream for days when I skip oiling due to any reasons.
TIP – After applying conditioner, cover hair with a warm wet towel for atleast 5 minutes before rinsing it off.
You may also read – 4 Step Skin Care Routine for Moms!
After Wash Care
- After washing hair, I tie them up in a soft dry towel for 5 minutes which soaks up any extra dripping water.
- Now, after removing the towel, I leave my hair as it is for 10 minutes for air drying, and use fingers to de-tangle them.
- Then, I use a broad tooth comb and run it from roots to tips 2-3 times very gently.
- Lastly, I leave them to dry their own, I rarely use a blower and whenever I use it, I set it at the lowest heat.
Now that’s all about my routine and some of the tips that work wonders for my hair. It’s time to review my new Shampoo and Conditioner from Mamaearth.
- It’s a brand by a parent for the parent.
- They aim to make products which are mum-baby friendly, toxin-free and meet International standards.
- Their products are free from Parabens, Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Dyes, Sulphates and Synthetic Fragrance.
- Also, the products are PH balanced, hypoallergic, dermatologist and FDA approved.
- They are the only MadeSafe certified brand in Asia.
Happy Heads Shampoo
- This Shampoo claims to gently cleanse and nourish the scalp. Yes, after using 8 times over 4 weeks I definitely felt the difference. My scalp doesn’t feel as dry as before. Also considering that it’s winters, no dry scalp is really an amazing result.
- It consists of Biotin which is a vitamin that plays an important role in the health of hair. And helps in hair growth as well.
- It consists of Bhringraj which is a medicinal herb known to improve the quality of hair and also promotes hair growth.
- The Happy Heads Shampoo also consists of Amla. We all know the benefits of amla for hair, it is high in Vitamin C which strengthens hair follicles and gives lustre to hair.
TIP – Don’t apply large quantity in order to get more lather, as it won’t. Because it’s sulfate free.
Price – 349/- for 200 ml
No More Tangles Conditioner
- As the name suggests, it claims to detangle the hair as well as nourish them from root to tip. As this conditioner is non-greasy, applying it up to the roots was a little difficult. Since the texture of my hair is quite thick. But after rinsing I was surprised to see the results. I could simply pass my fingers through the hair even before combing.
- It consists of Milk protein which makes the hair soft and silky.
- It consists of Cocoa butter which is known for many great qualities like it deeply moisturizes, repair dry & damaged hair and not just that, it helps in rejuvenating chemically processed hair and that’s why I am going to stick to this conditioner.
- This conditioner also consists of Fenugreek, which has amazing benefits for hair. Fenugreek has protein and Vitamin C which encourages hair growth and energizes hair follicles.
TIP – Start applying it from the roots working towards the tip. Massage the roots for few minutes before rinsing it off.
Price – 349/- for 200 ml
You may also read – 3 Easy Ways to get Curls at Home!
My suggestion to the brand –
When I received the products, they were packed in a cardboard box which was visibly damaged. After opening it, I found that the Shampoo bottle had a small dent and its pump was not working. Then I noticed that their all other pump dispenser bottles come with a cap. So, my suggestion to the brand is either they look into their supply chain. Or, improve the product packaging to avoid any chances of damage before reaching the customer.
I am going to use these for at least 3 months to actually notice any visible results in terms of increased hair growth. And, also reduced hair fall or improved hair quality.
Apart from this, I am quite happy and satisfied with instant results. I can feel the difference in my hair, they feel more moisturized. And, I am letting them loose for a long time now as they are more manageable.
Have you tried Mamaearth’s Products? I suggest you should check out their collection on https://mamaearth.in/
Now, tell me what hair care routine you follow? And which is your favourite product or brand?
And if you liked this post, then click on the below icons and SHARE it with your friends and family.