Immunity & Nutrition Check
I am a concerned & exhausted mother of a 4-year-old boy. Due to the current situation, we are in a state of lockdown in India. We have been staying indoors with no school and no visit to the playground. Even though I am trying my best to keep my child safe, I am still worried about his health. Because I am not sure if his immune system is strong enough to fight off such infectious diseases. It’s time to check nutrition in Indian kids for their strong immunity!
The only right thing to do now is to work on strengthening our kid’s immunity by all means. One of the best ways is ensuring they get the right nutrition. But it is definitely not the easiest way considering the eating habits of kids nowadays. And that’s why there’s a need for a nutrition check! Another way to build their immunity is by teaching them the importance of maintaining hygiene.
Why do we need to check nutrition in Indian kids?
So, a few days back while on a group chat I asked my friends to share their reasons why they think their child is not getting enough nutrition. And here are the 5 common points from that discussion-
- Most of the kids nowadays are fussy eaters.
- Many kids have developed poor eating habits early on in life.
- Parents/family members give in to the child’s demands of junk food.
- Not getting enough essential nutrients through a regular diet.
- Being in a nuclear family & parents working, it gets difficult to provide complete balanced nutrition to kids.
Now, it was time to address the main problem. And, I was amazed to learn some really helpful tips to bridge the nutritional gap & boost immunity. We all agreed that it’s a vicious cycle which starts with inadequate nutrition which leads to impaired immunity & infections. And this may further cause a delay in growth too.
Better Immunity, Better Growth!
Hence, we all have decided to take some necessary steps to ensure that our kids grow right. Also, looking at the current scenario, it’s necessary to teach our kids the importance of maintaining hygiene.
I am now using this opportunity of home quarantine to help my son build strong immunity. Here are some steps I am following to make sure my child stays safe & healthy.
- I involve my son in talks around healthy foods & healthy eating.
- We are also doing some fun activities to learn about nutrients for healthy growth.
- Nemit loves helping me in the kitchen, so I try to show him how we prepare healthy food.
- Focussing on immunity-boosting foods & involving them in our daily diet.
- We are now strictly following the meal routine of 3 meals and 3 snacks.
Apart from this, I am also giving him a glass of PediaSure daily to cover up any nutritional gaps. You too can #StaySureWithPediaSure. PediaSure has 37 nutrients that support growth, brain development, and immunity.
View this post on Instagram
Also, I am encouraging proper hand-washing using soap & water or sanitizer to prevent the spread of viruses and other types of infections.
So, this is how I am working towards building a strong immune system for my son. Do you think it is time for a nutrition check for kids? What steps are you taking to bridge the nutritional gap and build immunity in your kids? Share your ideas with me in the comments below.
This is a sponsored post, however, all opinions are that of the author.